Principality of the Mists: Arts and Sciences
Mists A&S Competitions 2017
Theme for the year: Inside and Out
* Things made of the outside of an animal. Anything made of leather, vellum, fur, horn, or hoof qualifies. (Technical Science)
* Food made of beef, lamb, mutton, goat, rabbit–any animal that would also have its outside used to make things. (Practical Science)
* A courtly love song or poem. Original or period piece ok. (Performing arts)
* A courtly love token. Sleeve, favor, ribbon, jewel… (Fine Arts)
* A beauty aid. Cosmetics, hair dye or preparation, wigs, clothing (especially clothing that changes the appearance). Research papers ok for preparations that are poisonous. (Technical Science)
* A hymn, prayer, or religious poem. Period or original ok. (Performing Arts)
* Interior decoration. Can be something painted, embroidered, sewn, woven, etched, carved, made of stained glass. The decoration will be judged, not the underlying object, unless the object itself is the decoration. (Fine Art)
* Something you’d find in a garden. Statue, fountain, arbor, sundial, garden tool, garden furniture, sunshade. (Practical Science)
Please plan to provide documentation for all your entries. We want to learn about what you’ve made!
Note: All suggestions for specific types of items are just that–suggestions. If you think of something else you want to enter that works for one of the categories, enter it! We would love to see what you’ve done.